I’ve watched fellow bloggers get awards, and wondered if it would happen to me some day seeing as all I’m ever posting is pictures, and when/if then how would I deal with it? Well, turns out I’m pretty stoked. 🙂 Jon who writes South of the Strait nominated me for the Liebster award. Wuhuu! Jon caught my attention a while back when he posted about delicious meat pies, of the kind that they have in New Zealand – I love pies. And I like travelling, which is something that he writes about a lot. So if you like travelling and/or meat pies, pay his blog a visit!
Now apparently I’m supposed to share things about myself. So for a one-time exclusive, which is not a picture (from any day, really), here it goes:
1. As I’ve already mentioned, I really love NZ meat pies. And Scottish ones are really good too. Yummm… black pudding meat pie… good.
2. As I’ve already mentioned, I like travelling. This summer I’ll be roaming around South East Asia, some for business and some for pleasure. Really looking forward to that!
3. When people say nice things about me (or nominate me for awards, it seems), I get this feeling somewhere between my ears that feel like warm, slightly tickling cotton. It’s a nice feeling.
4. I’m Norwegian. But my home is in Wellington, New Zealand, for now. That’s where I long to be – it’s the only place that’s truly felt like HOME since I left Sortland (in northern Norway) to move to Husnes (in southwestern Norway) as a child. I currently live in Vienna though.
5. I started this blog after living here for 2.5 years, to improve my relationship with Vienna. And it’s working. I’ve gone from tolerating it, to liking it quite a lot, to thinking I can happily stay here for another 3 years. 🙂
6. I dreamt about Zombies again last night. I recently started doing that, even though I’ve been watching Walking Dead for at least two years (last year and this year).
7. I’m currently doing a PhD. It’s driving me mad in a gentle way… I sometimes really do think that I was happier before I pursued higher education. But I’m probably wrong. I normally don’t tell people at parties that I’m doing a PhD, because it seems to scare people. If it makes it better, I’m doing it in Tourism. So, that’s a bit less scary (not a nuclear physicist, no. But I can spell ‘nuclear physicist’ correctly).
8. I like trying out strange and disgusting foods. On my trip this summer I hope to add a lot of strange (and hopefully NOT endangered) species to my ‘have eaten’ list.
9. I find cleaning a quite therapeutic activity. This does not mean that my flat is squeeky clean… it looks normal. (If there is no dirt to clean, then there’s no fun to be had…)
10. I love snail mail.
Then this is the scary part, where you have to pick your favourite kid in class and show them off in front of everyone… ugh. There are so many fabulous blogs out there. Really. So I’m just picking SIX that I have to catch every time they get updated.
1. URBEX CENTRAL: Gunner and his mates checking out the urban environment around Wellington NZ. They explore run down buildings and places that have been left to themselves for a long time. Really good to check out if you like exploring!!
2. Walkairs: Tas.o.s. has started this blog which is a photo blog about.. walking in the air. The photos are beautiful and quite interesting at the same time – bonus!!
3. Toemail: Quillan and Angela have this amazingly funny blog where people mail in photos of themselves all over the world. That is, not really … Toemail requires that there be toes in the photo. So, from all over the world, people send in photos and stories that contain toes. Hmmm… I think it’s better to see it for yourself, I’m not making much sense. Even though I am.
4. See Norway: Svein and his crew has a very ambitious goal: To create a full catalogue of EVERYWHERE in Norway! I’m looking forward to going home and taking photos so that I can help them out! The blog is full of wonderful pictures and photo stories from various places around Norway. Worth a visit!
5. Inevitable Wanderlust: This one is from Rebecca who has just moved to Innsbruck from America. It’s a fun time learning to get to know Innsbruck one step at a time. Also some nice pictures in there!
6. Lois Elsden: Lois is a writer, and she writes about a lot of different things. She’s quite an active blogger so I have to admit that I can’t catch her every post, but I do enjoy those that I do get to read. She writes about writing, about food, about lichen… After a little while, you get addicted to her… she’s like that awesome aunt in UK that everyone somehow has (except me).
So there you have it. the most wordy post ever, without a picture in it!!